Thursday, July 21, 2011

Go Ahead....Push That Button...Or Should You?

Have you ever had a choice to make and every time you move to actually make that choice....something stops you?   Well,  welcome to my world!  I have tried over and over again to "push the button" on a particular area of my ministry and every time I get close to doing so....I can't....I just plain can't !!   Why,  what could possibly be the holdup on my doing something that will be beneficial and speed up this particular area?  



I believe that the "holdup" is the power of the Holy Spirit within me!  My heart and mind tells me that moving ahead and pursuing more aggressively this area would only bring about good results and allow me to do what I believe the Lord has gifted and called me to do.  So what do I do?   I stop...drop....and roll (ok, maybe not the roll part) but I do need to stop in my tracks and then drop to my knees in acknowledgement that God is trying to tell me something and direct my actions.   So lets look at those verses that can help us to do just that!!

Isaiah 55:8-9

New International Version (NIV)

 8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
   neither are your ways my ways,”
            declares the LORD.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
   so are my ways higher than your ways
   and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Proverbs 3:5-6

New International Version (NIV)

 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
   and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
   and he will make your paths straight.

Why should I wait til God gives me the "green light" on something I think would be good to do now?  Because...God is God and I am NOT!  God sees me right now,  God sees my heart and desires and God sees the big picture!  My life is a big puzzle and I'm standing on only one small portion of that puzzle...so I can't possibly see what is going on around me fully,  or what's ahead of me or around the corner....but the Creator of this puzzle called "my life" does!   So, of course, I'm going to stop, listen and surrender my decisions, my understanding and my desire, so that when I do move...it is in the right timing, the right direction and with the right motive and spiritual maturity to bring God the glory.   


So, let's all practice our STOP, DROP AND ROLL ;) before pushing any buttons!!
There are so many more verses on why God's will, direction and leading is so much better than our own...I challenge you to look them and be encouraged!!

No comments:

Post a Comment