Monday, November 22, 2010

A THANKSGIVING POEM

I love the mess to clean after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends. I love the taxes I pay because it means that I'm employed. I love the clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I have enough to eat.
I love a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home. I love all the complaining I hear about our government because it means we have freedom of speech. I love the spot I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking. I love my huge heating bill because it means I am warm. I love the lady behind me in church who sings off key because it means that I can hear. I love the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby. I love weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means I have been productive. I love the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours because it means that I'm alive! - Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment