Saturday, August 15, 2009

Who's Your Hand Holder?

I overheard a friend tell her hubby, over the phone, that she was sad that he wasn't going to be with her to hold her hand as she walked thru a difficult time leaving her son at school. As soon as I heard those words, I thought to myself, I'm so grateful that God is the one who wants to be our hand holder, our back patter and our shoulder to cry on. As a christian, I need to remember that God is with us no matter where we find ourselves in life. I think it has to do with our understanding of having an intimate walk with our Lord. I read in my Joni Eareckson Tada devotional this morning that "Intimacy with God is an island of sanity in a sea of confusion." I love that! Intimacy is our quiet place, our refuge that is right in front of us. All we need to do is look up, reach for His hand, or quiet our spirit long enough to hear His gentle voice. It's like this mini spa retreat, except better...much, much better! This doesn't mean that we should fear our emotions...God created us with these emotions!! The tears, sorrows, fears and other reactions that we face are part of our makeup, but when the tears are done...lets wipe them away with our tissue of faith! Are you struggling today with circumstances that are overwhelming or scary? Or maybe you are dealing with tough decisions or feelings that you are not quite sure of. God is there! Are you facing some new season that you are not sure of? Your God is there! Are you dealing with grief or sorrow that wants to bury you right where you are? God is there, my precious friend...waiting to take your hand, whisper in your ear and lift your beautiful chin with his fingers so you can see His face shine upon you...God is there! GOD IS THERE! God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1

2 comments: