Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Day 4 of Holy Week

     Day 4 of Holy Week and I'm still fighting against the enemy's attempts to keep me too preoccupied to focus on Jesus.   I'm thanking the Lord daily for his help and strength in this area and I knew that going into this special week the enemy was not going to let my focus come easily!   I am truly grateful for God's faithfulness!

     I didn't get up in time this morning to have my quiet time before leaving for bible study....my fault, since I kept hitting the SNOOZE button one too many times...ughhh.   But that didn't stop the Lord from meeting me during our worship time!   We started out by singing my absolute favorite hymn "Great Is Thy Faithfulness"!   As I lifted my eyes toward heaven,  singing with all I had in me "..morning by morning new mercies I see...",  I was stopped by these next words...."Pardoned for sin, and a peace that endureth...thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide...strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow, blessings are mine with 10,000 besides."!   I wept as I sang that verse.   I felt like God, at that moment, met me right there!   He reminded me that because of his Sons death and resurrection I was able to sing that song with all the assurance I needed!!   My mouth stopped singing and I went into a tearful prayer of such gratitude and understanding of what Jesus's death and resurrection meant to me.

     I have been pardoned for my sin....I have received a peace that truly endures...I can experience His presence every time I'm in prayer, in the Word or just walking thru my yard looking at all of his creation!   I can't count the blessings I have been given....oh what a beautiful focus came out of that encounter!!

     Do you have a special song or verse that will help you focus this Holy Week?   If you don't have a special song that comes to your mind....enjoy the one that I have linked below.

Great Is Thy Faithfulness by Chris Rice

In Him,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment