Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Day 3 of Holy Week..."Let It Go"

     There's a song that keeps invading my every thought.   It pops in and out of my mind...uninvited...causing frustrated moments when I'm trying to focus on something important!   What's the song?   Let It Go....you know the one....from the Disney movie Frozen!!   Yep....that's the one causing me to either leap out of my chair in brilliant ( or not so brilliant) song or to start yelling at myself....let go of this song chica!!!  

     As I was reading my devotional today the scripture that was used was Romans 5:6-8  While we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly.  For one will scarcely die for a righteous person-though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die-but God shows his love for us in that while we were yet sinners,  Christ died for us.   Now...just to show you how my mind works....while reading this amazing passage...that song, you know the one, pop into my brain and camped for a few minutes!   So, what is one to do with such interruptions?   I decided to take that phrase "let it go" and apply it to my "focus" on Holy Week!  Ha!!  Take that Mr. Interruption!!!

     On a serious note (no pun intended...lol...sometimes I crack myself up! )....focus Debbie!!

     This is the area that my heart and brain took me.   I asked the Lord if there was anything...anything at all that I was holding onto, that I needed to "let go of" to be able to embrace what Romans 5:6-8 was telling me.  My thoughts once again turned inward.  "Help me Lord Jesus to "let go" of my low self esteem...it seems to bind me and makes me focus on myself instead of who I am in You!"

    "While we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly."   Who are the ungodly?  Further a long in scripture is tells us that 'sinners' are the ungodly, "...but God shows his love for us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom.5:8)   Do I understand that I am the ungodly?   YES!   Do I understand that even tho I would die for someone I love (my children, my granddaughter, my husband, etc) JESUS died for someone who was unworthy of his love...ME!!   Do I truly understand that when he "set his face" towards Jerusalem.....he was looking straight into my eyes,  my sinful self and deeming me worthy!  I was worthy enough for to choose to go through such torture, pain and death!!   "Oh Lord Jesus....help me to embrace and walk in this truth today in such a way that my every breath and thought stirs me to worship!!"

     That's all I have for today....it's enough for me!  I pray that it will help you to ask the Lord..."What do I need to be letting go of today?".

In Him Always,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment