Friday, January 25, 2013

If I Belittle.....




If , in any way, I belittle those who I am called to serve...if I talk of their weak points in contrast, perhaps, with what I think of as my stronger points...if I adopt a superior attitude, forgetting to consider the wisdom of the voice that asks me, inwardly, "Who made you different from the one you are criticizing - and what do you have that you have not been given?"... if I can easily discuss the short comings or the sins of any man or woman...if I can speak in an off-handed way, even of a child's wrong doing...

than I know nothing of Calvary love.
                                                        
This came from the devotional (see below for infor. on devotional) that I was reading today.   It took my spiritual breath away.   After reading that one paragraph...I shut my book, Bible and notebook and went before my Heavenly Father in repentance....seeking forgiveness for any wrong thinking....any wrong attitude or behavior towards those I have the honor to share Christ with, at our Open Gym Ministry.

Pride is the tool that the enemy uses to wedge open the door to our heart, mind and soul...so he can get his foot in the door.  We must be daily guarded against our motives and attitudes when doing what God has called us to do....go and share the Gospel of Jesus Christ through serving and loving.

We can not do this on our own...in our own flesh.  We must press in to the Lord...filling our minds and hearts with His Word and seeking His presence daily.   In doing this...we go out prepared and strengthened against the enemy's advances and attacks.  

Whether we are serving our family, friends or strangers...lets be the example we are called to be.

With Valentines Day coming up....I can't think of a better way to celebrate then with the true understanding of the greatest LOVE there is....GOD'S LOVE!  John 3:16


 Amy Carmichael
 "I Come Quietly To Meet You"
 David Hazard
 IF: PP:13-14

                                                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment