Tuesday, February 28, 2012

And We're Walking Walking Walking....

WALKING....I love it....I hate it!  Enough said!!  Ok, maybe not enough said but you definitely get the point.   I'm learning everyday that "walking" is a very big part of this journey that I'm on...but not in the way that you may be thinking, so let me share with you a few of my new insights to journey walking.

Insight # 1
There's more to walking than meets the eye (or feet).  I'm learning that there is the physical walking that is good for our physical bodies....but there is also the spiritual walking that is good for our souls.
Our journeys must have the spiritual walking aspect or else we get lost in our own self mindedness while on the journey.   Remember....each journey is used by God for His purpose and glory.  Each journey reveals our strengths and weaknesses along with our areas of sin that the Lord wants to reveal and get rid of.   Wow...there's a lot to these journeys than just walking isn't there?
That is why it is soooooo important that we stay connected with God and walk closely with Him on each journey.   How do we do that?

Insight # 2
Ask the right questions!  When I finally realized that my understanding of what God was wanting to do with me was revealed when I started asking the right questions....my spiritual life took a deeper change.  I learned this through listening to a radio broadcast with Nancy L. DeMoss and Elyse Fitzpatrick called "Love to Eat/ Hate to Eat .
Let me give you an example:   Me..."God, why can't I lose weight? Why is it so hard for me to stay on a diet?"
Me now asking the right question...."God, why do I choose food to bring me comfort instead of You?  What is revealed in my heart God that shows my dependency on food and not on You?"    See what I mean???
Anything that holds our hearts tighter than God, will always reveal our true hearts.   Our choices will always reveal the truth of what is really happening in our hearts....let us not be deceived into thinking that all is well when we continually make choices that are apart from God.

2 Peter 1:3  "...seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence.  For by these He has granted to us His precious promises, in order that  by them you might become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust (sinful desire)."


Insight # 3
This is huge and I heard it from either Nancy L. DeMoss or Elyse Fitzpatrick......
Environment does not create the heart....it reveals the heart!  Enough said!!  ;)


My hearts desire is to continue to share from time to time more insights and parts of my journey with you...so until then...keep walking walking walking!

1 comment:

  1. So grateful I don't have to walk alone :)

    Smiling because of Jesus AND you -

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete