Saturday, September 24, 2011

An Act of Kindness

I love it when God creates opportunities for me to show acts of kindness to others.   Several years ago I had an opportunity to show an act of kindness and choose not to due to my own lack of courage.   I went home in tears for missing that opportunity to bless someone else and ask God right then and there to help me not to miss any other opportunities that He would allow me to be apart of.    


I have had countless times of showing God's love thru acts of kindness since that day and I am so incredibly blessed every time I follow God's lead in each one.  I  just had another opportunity arise yesterday at the grocery store.   There she was....an older woman struggling to find the right card to give to the cashier.    After she tried the third one I felt the Lord showing me another opportunity to act!   As I did , all I could think of  is the fact that if this had been my own mother....I would have wanted someone to show kindness to her!   


These acts arise daily and we need our spiritual eyes and hearts to be wide open so we don't miss them.    What I love about these acts is that they are never random!!   I sat on my back porch last night thinking about the events at the grocery store and I immediately starting thinking about all of the acts of love and kindness that God daily shows me!!   Wow....there it was, staring me right in the face....when God is involved....there is nothing random about it!     No sir....these acts of love from my Heavenly Father are precise and intentional.    Just think about this.....your Heavenly Father intentionally displays acts of love and kindness to you on purpose...on purpose!!


Ephesians 2: 6-7 says: "And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus."


Don't you just love that?! I am blessed beyond measure as I meditate on this new understanding. It makes my own desire to bless others that much stronger!!

Just as my Heavenly Father is intentional toward His acts of love with us....we too must be intentional in our acts towards others. With our family and friends...are we aware of what they are going thru and can a spoken word of encouragement help and uplift them. What about an act of service for someone who is feeling overwhelmed with life right now.


Are you thinking right about now that it takes all that you have just to do what you do in your own home??   I get it!   Been there and done that....but I would be amiss if I just let it go at that.   God's grace will always go along with those acts of kindness to others.    So....receive God's grace to act and receive the blessing and joy that comes with it.

And don't forget to be thanking God for all of His intention acts of love and kindness that come our way!!


No comments:

Post a Comment