Thursday, January 27, 2011

A QUIET CONVERSATION

I had a conversation with the Lord the other day and it went something like this.....
Good Morning Lord...thank you for this new day. Why am I always so tired Lord? (My child....why are you doing things in your own strength?)
Heavenly Father...what do you have for me today? There are so many hurting around me Lord, I feel so inadequate to meet with them. (Precious Daughter.....when you spend time with me you receive all that you need to care for those around you in my name. )
God....what if I can't help them or answer their questions about You or even be able to love them like you do? ( Child....why do you worry so? You will find the answer they need in my Word and through the power of the Holy Spirit that is within you...my love will pour out.)
But Lord...it's so hard for me to come to You at times. (Precious One...always remember my great and ultimate love for you. Call unto me and I will be there....waiting to spend time with you.)
Lord....I love You too! Thank you that I don't have to go into this new day alone and unequipped. Thank you for Your great love.
Have you ever had those times of such doubt, such weariness and even loneliness that you can't seem to face the day? I have and if I were to be completely honest with you...they come more often than I would like. It seems that the more I surrender to God's will for my life in serving others and sharing God's love with them....the more weary and doubtful I become. Is this a coincidence? I don't think so. My doubt always comes in the form of my own inadequacies to share God's truths and love and my weariness comes from my inability to take everything to God in prayer.
Your doubt and weariness may come in a different way. It may be due to how you feel about your relationship with our husband or your mothering skills. It may come in the form of how you look or act and the burden of constantly comparing yourself to others. We allow so many things to come into our lives that draw our attention away from our intimacy with the Lord. We become consumed with our worries and fears and then because we yield ourselves to those emotions we are too spent to even surrender ourselves to being intimate and honest with the God who knows our worries and fears even before we do.
Your God is wild and crazy about you. He sees you as you are and still adores you. His love will never change. You can not be better enough for Him to love you any more than He already does. His love is the ultimate force behind your relationship with Him and once we truly grasp hold of that TRUTH we won't have to spend so much time trying to be better or stronger or smarter or thinner than what we are. Our change will be done from the inside out and then the outside will automatically change for His purpose and glory! Isn't that wonderful news?!
I love the way The Message reads in Matthew 5:1-10
1-2 When Jesus saw his ministry drawing huge crowds, he climbed a hillside. Those who were apprenticed to him, the committed, climbed with him. Arriving at a quiet place, he sat down and taught his climbing companions. This is what he said:

3"You're blessed when you're at the end of your rope. With less of you there is more of God and his rule.

4"You're blessed when you feel you've lost what is most dear to you. Only then can you be embraced by the One most dear to you.

5"You're blessed when you're content with just who you are—no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought.

6"You're blessed when you've worked up a good appetite for God. He's food and drink in the best meal you'll ever eat.

7"You're blessed when you care. At the moment of being 'care-full,' you find yourselves cared for.

8"You're blessed when you get your inside world—your mind and heart—put right. Then you can see God in the outside world.

9"You're blessed when you can show people how to cooperate instead of compete or fight. That's when you discover who you really are, and your place in God's family.

10"You're blessed when your commitment to God provokes persecution. The persecution drives you even deeper into God's kingdom.

Yes, we are blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment