Thursday, April 2, 2009

All Is Well...Or Is It?

I must say that this has been a very busy year so far and I am constantly made aware of my weaknesses as I venture out into new areas in my spiritual walk and daily living. Our family just came through a health scare with my youngest son, who is now nineteen. While waiting for test results over the last couple of weeks, I found myself having to stop, catch my breath and force down the anxiety that kept wanting to invade my mind, heart and soul. I am usually fairly calm on the outside, while the inside is rumbling away. The test results came out fairly positive with a little issue that will not need surgery or any more medical attention, except for a blood test once a year to keep an eye on things. Praise The Lord! So although all is well in that area....I must say that I am having to go back and re-evaluate my responses and level of trust in the Great Physician, God. I have learned that in all situations....GOD IS GOOD! No matter what the outcome is....GOD IS GOOD! Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." OK....I love God and I know that I am called to His purpose through the salvation of Jesus Christ, so does that mean that if those tests had come out bad for my son, that God does not love me? Absolutely not!! God is the creator of this life puzzle of mine. He knows what the whole picture looks like and the reason for that picture. I can only see a very, very small part of it. I can't see enough of the whole picture from my view to always make sense of it....but God can. Just because I can't make sense of it doesn't mean it doesn't make sense to God. So I must rely on His vision, His purpose and His understanding in all areas of my life and in the lives of those around me. My job in all of this is to love God with all my heart and to be about His purpose each day. Good or bad, ....GOD IS GOOD! I also must remember that we live in a world that is full of disease and suffering...very much like the very world that Christ was born into. Our choices can lead us into suffering before we even know it. I live with Type 2 Diabetes and because of the choices that I have made in the past...I am now on alot of medication for it. Because of these poor choices, I am having to reap the results of them. Our bodies will not be perfect and whole until the day Christ returns for His children. So I must breath in and abide ever so closely to God's Truths and Promises. I must understand and grab hold of His great love for me so that I can than love Him in return and love those around me as God has told me to. Is all well....maybe not....but it's getting better every day when I'm with my Lord.